Aggregated collaborative advocacy
SASTaLC represents its members in matters affecting cargo owners in South Africa such as the decisions made by all Government and Public sector departments, and any other areas having an impact on the industry and drives advocacy for collaboration to improve the supply chain efficiencies across all modes of transport.
SASTaLC becomes a united voice with a strong mandate while the confidentiality of individual members are protected
SASTaLC as the recognised industry body for Cargo Owners and Service Providers, attends various meetings, conferences and forums on behalf of and in order to represent Members nationally, regionally and globally as one voice spanning a variety of different matters and issues related to supply chain efficiencies and competitiveness.
2. Knowledge Hub
- SASTaLC sources, scrutinises and publishes information, research and knowledge that is pertinent to Cargo Owners and Industry Stakeholders, thus ensuring that industry relative information is available on the SASTaLC website and newsletters.
- We provide a discussion forum for Tertiary Institutions students to share thoughts & ideas and obtain valuable feedback from knowledgeable industry leaders.
- Participate, contribute and access the results of surveys, conducted on relative issues facing cargo owners and other stakeholders in South African supply chains.
3. Education, Training and Capacity Building
- Participation in career exchanges; mentorships and shadowing initiatives aimed to mitigate the capacity risks in the industry
- Participation in annual youth and women in transport and logistics career expo
- SASTaLC identifies, evaluates and endorses best fit skills development and learning programmes across the full industry learning spectrum and drives relevant research and capacity building
- SASTaLC wholly supports the development of future industry leaders and transformation and as such works closely with Tertiary Education Institutions in order to provide work related learning opportunities within industry without prejudice.
4. Networking and linkages
- Networking and Linkages, one of the most beneficial activities in today�s business world, SASTaLC provides a valuable platform for you to network across private and public sector stakeholders through various meetings, events and conferences on a regular basis.
- All individuals in the member organisation can benefit from the activities flowing from membership with SASTaLC
- Discounts are available to attend various supply chain related conferences and professional development events throughout the year with local partner organisations (SAPICS, SAAFF, RFA, MCLI, Transport Forum)
- Opportunities are made available with International organisations such as Swiss Shippers Council, EVO, Cameroon Shippers Council and Global Shippers Forum for members to attend international conferences and events at discounted rates, thus enabling the opportunity to exchange ideas and views and obtain information pertaining to best global practices.
- Marketing and promotion opportunities through discounted sponsorship opportunities at events, conferences and meetings
- Prestige of being part of successful and effective industry organisation
5. Services � by technical experts and secretariat
SASTaLC intends to render relevant services that will generate revenue to ensure sustainability and support its members and industry in collective service deliveries that will enhance visibility and improved planning and evaluation across the supply chain, such as:
- consulting and advisory services,
- innovative training solutions,
- a vacancy/job seekers exchange,
- a transport and freight exchange, and various other value propositions as they are developed.